PPA Cover for Primary Education
The majority of schools are up against the same frustration: budget cuts, Government agendas and ever increasing demands on pupil performance from Governors, parents and local governing bodies. Here at Aspire Sports, we have developed a proven way to help relieve these pressures. Setting high standards to become the leading provider of PPA solutions in the Midlands, we currently work with over 60 primary schools each week. Aspire Sports stands by its record: 98% of customers rated our educational services as 'good' to 'outstanding' during the 2010/11 academic year.
- Is your current PPA cover solution sustainable and cost effective?
- If you use a 'sports coaching' company, do they follow the afPE best practice guidance on the effective use of agencies in PE and school sport?
- Are all of your pupils being educated effectively during PPA time?
PPA coverage is one of those things that all schools require and there are generally three solutions to it:
1. Supply teachers – can be expensive and can give you little guarantee of continuity. Children require someone that they can develop a relationship with and who can help them progress throughout the course of their primary education. Schools tell us that they want a sustainable solution and a member of staff who fits into their school ethos and becomes part of their team.
2. Sports Coaches – are less expensive but can be an ineffective substitute. They are rarely trained to deal with children in a school environment with many of them being inexperienced and lacking the skills required to control a class. Sports coaches can lack knowledge of current educational trends and national curriculum requirements and as a result they can create more problems than they solve.
3. Sports & Physical Activity Educators – possess the qualities to manage full classes of children and have the knowledge and required strategies to cope with challenging behaviour. They are also able to differentiate each lesson to meet the needs of all learners whilst assessing the children's progress. They are an inclusive approach to PPA cover which reduces the problems that arise from using inexperienced alternatives.
"We continue to use Aspire Sports for PPA cover due to their reliability and the friendliness and professionalism of their staff. They offer high quality PE provision which is cost effective" Mrs Harris, KS2 Phase Leader
Aspire Sports are first-class Sports and Physical Activity Educators who have spent years perfecting a PPA solution for schools in the Midlands. We offer tailored PE, sport and physical activity provision across the region so that you can get exactly what you need for your pupils from just £26 per hour! And with our unique extra-curricular programmes we can add value to your school budget.
You and your senior management team can feel secure in knowing that you will be getting a high quality education focused service that enhances the health and well-being, skills and confidence of all the children in your organisation. Furthermore, you are guaranteed quality because we ensure that our service follows the best practice guidance on the effective use of agencies in PE and school sport.
Our unique package follows the high standards set out in the PE curriculum support programme.
* afPE only supports delivery that enhances the skills and subject knowledge of teaching staff. They suggest the use of sustainable solutions that have a long term impact.
Aspire Sports deliver sports and physical activity programmes that help children, young people and their families be active for life.
We work closely with your setting to provide you with a first-class, hassle free service. Offering a unique, child-centred approach, you can rest assured that our programmes are education-focused and have achieved the standards for QiSS status.