Aspire receive Talent Match Mark Youth Friendly Gold Award
Aspire has been awarded the Talent Match Mark Youth Friendly Gold Award!
Talent Match Mark is an award framework launched by Talent Match and Youth Employment UK in 2017 that recognises and celebrates employers who support young people in their employment journey. Committed to helping connect employers and young people, the Talent Match Mark supports organisations in developing their strategy to inspire a future workforce and ensures young people are aware of those organisations that have good youth employment practices.
Aspire have been awarded the Gold Award as a result of the support we offer young people in all three stages of their journey into work:
- Short intervention
- Taster days
- World of work visits
- Coffee & Chat
- Work experience
- Two to six weeks
- Entry level role
- Graduate role
As a Talent Match Mark employer with Youth Employment UK Aspire are recognised as being committed to five core principles:
- Providing diverse opportunities for young people to gain the skills and experiences they need for work and life.
- Recruiting young people based on their ability, talent and potential. Understanding they are still developing and may have had limited work experience during full-time education.
- Listening to young people and providing opportunities for their voice to be heard within a community or organisation.
- Removing barriers for young people to enter the workplace. Offering fair opportunities and rewards based on the role recruiting for and in accordance with the highest industry standards.
- Training and supporting the development of young people, so they are motivated to take ownership and responsibility for their careers and they are equipped to progress.
The Talent Match Mark also means Aspire:
- Is recognised as an employer that creates opportunities for young people in our community
- Works with a national network of organisations providing pre-employment support to thousands of talented young people
- Provides employees with the opportunity to support young people and therefore develop their management, public speaking and presentation skills
- Creates real opportunities for social mobility
- Improves staff retention and employee investment
As an organisation with an aim of educating and inspiring young people, Aspire is delighted to receive this award and be recognised as making a difference.
If you would like to keep up to date with all the latest news regarding our Apprenticeship Open Evenings where you can find out more about being an Aspire apprentice and have your questions answered., register your interest here.