Paint your PE and school sport legacy, not your playground!
Are you looking for a way to boost the Physical Education at your primary school?
Perhaps you’re in search of high quality training for the teachers at your school or maybe you’re the teacher keen to enhance your professional development.
Don’t do what a lot of schools are doing and use your PE and Sport Premium funding to paint more lines on your playground. Will this enhance the knowledge and skills of the key people in your school who engage children in PE, sport and physical activity?
The Level 5 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education Specialism (QCF) is a new bespoke primary school physical education qualification developed by the Association for Physical Education (AfPE) and Sports Leaders UK (SLUK).
Led by curriculum designer with expertise in the physical curriculum, Crichton Casbon, the Level 5 course upskills primary school teachers, HLTA’s and TA’s to become primary school PE specialists. What’s more, the qualification is a sustainable and effective use of your Primary PE and Sport Premium.
It’s all well and good us saying you will become PE specialists, but what does this actually mean?
How will you benefit?
- Significant increase in confidence and ability to teach and manage PE and school sports provision in schools.
- Increased ability to contribute to a wider agenda in schools.
- Increased knowledge, confidence and effectiveness in the physical education role in school
- Development of teaching skills.
- Clear progression in ability to intervene and bring about improvement in teaching.
- Develop sophisticated curriculum programme for the whole school.
What impact has the training had on those who’ve already completed the qualification?
“The qualification has helped me look at what our school has in place, what we needed to do to improve and then how we were going to make the improvements. It has also built my confidence in the delivery of the subject as a subject leader.”
Michael McDermott, PE Coordinator, Merritts Brook Academy
“I have developed personally, my confidence has improved and I have an action plan in place to help to progress and develop PE in my school. The school will benefit from my input and I will hopefully be able to help staff to deliver outstanding PE lessons. The children will ultimately benefit as they will be taught a balanced PE curriculum by teachers who can deliver outstanding lessons.”
Lucy Hall, PE Coordinator, Mount Pleasant Primary School
What impact has the training had on the delegates’ schools?
- Our play time and lunch time activity has increased by 20% and we are in the process of employing ‘Lunchtime Play Leaders’ to encourage physical activity.
- Children are more engaged and active. They are wanting to participate in extracurricular activities which improves their behaviour and determination in other subjects (within the classroom).
- We have recorded an increase in physical activity levels in our targeted year groups.
- Our session delivery has progressed from requires improvement to Outstanding.
- The participation in after school clubs over the whole year for pupils who take part in two or more clubs a week has increased by 35%.
You’ve heard it from the very people themselves, the course has invaluable benefits on both the delegates and their schools. Professional learning is essential for your continual development, the Level 5 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education Specialism offers you this opportunity.
Do not miss out on the chance to raise standards across your PE curriculum and contribute to whole school improvement. Watch our webinar to find out more and register your interest here!