Staffordshire Cycling Training: Here's what you thought
With it’s innumerable benefits, from improving heart health to enhancing navigational skills, from strengthening bones to helping the planet; Cycling is an invaluable skill. This summer a group of 4 – 10 year olds took on the challenge of learning and developing this skill.
In conjunction with Staffordshire County Council, Aspire offered free Learn to Ride and Bikeability Level 1 sessions. And what a success! The children’s achievements were remarkable, both parents and children should be very proud!
We asked parents to reflect on their experience at Staffordshire Cycling Training and this is what they said:
- "They are just simply amazing! In under an hour they had my 6yr old off his stabilisers and riding around with so much confidence I have been trying to achieve this for the last 2years!!! They have just been so kind, patient, caring, lovely and just so good with all the children I cannot thank them enough. Such an amazing scheme that has not only taught children to ride but has meant the whole family is exercising and spending time outdoors together. Thank you."
- “It was brilliant to watch my children enjoy themselves and learning new things about cycling they really took in what was taught and was really excited to tell their grandma what they did. Both instructors were great teachers was a great experience for my kids. Thank you”
- “The instructors were fabulous with the children, offering just the right amount of support whilst also giving them time to work things out on their own. A fabulous team and a fabulous course - thank you.”
- “Absolutely brilliant, coach was fab and my daughter was so much more confident in her cycling ability after the session.”
- "Great team for support and confidence Thank u "
- “The little boy I brought in couldn’t ride when he arrived but ride his bike all the way home. Brilliant to see to give children a chance to ride a bike. A big thank you from me.”
- “The guys running the Bikeability course were great. They engaged well with the children and made the session fun and informative.”
- “The instructors were brilliant with my son giving him confidence and self belief within 30 mins they had him riding without stabilisers which was fantastic given he’s never tried before. They were so patient and had such a good rapport with all the children both are a credit to aspire and we hope they do future courses as a parent of 3 it’s hard to teach them all due to time so courses like this are brilliant”
- “I have already recommended this scheme to several friends as it was absolutely fantastic. I was so impressed with the instructors. They had my lad independently riding in no time and were just fantastic the way they did it. Such a fantastic scheme, thank you so much.”
- "Very encouraging members of the team really boosted my sons confidence. Thank you"
- "Our daughter has just completed 4 sessions of learn to ride at Tamworth Castle Grounds. She has gone from not being willing to even talk about riding to riding, turning, stopping safely and starting off on her own with confidence. We are truly amazed. Much of this has come from the teachers calm, patient and gently encouraging nature. We can't thank them enough!"
In recognition of their outstanding work, effort and commitment, our cycling instructors have been presented Value Awards.
Do you want to be a part of the next Learn to Ride course? This October half term we are running sessions for children who want to ditch the stabilisers and improve their cycling technique with experienced and national standard instructors! Find out more information and book here.