Vote for Aspire in the Birmingham Awards 2019!
Have you heard…. Aspire are a finalist in this year’s Birmingham Awards!
We have been nominated for Sporting Initiative of the Year.
Before we go into how grateful we would be if you were to vote for us (we really would!), we thought it best to give you some background about the Birmingham Awards so you know what you’re voting for and why.
Birmingham, the second city, full of opportunity, inspiration and possibility. What makes this the case? The people.
The passion, drive and ingenuity of the individuals and industries make Birmingham the vibrant city it is.
The Birmingham Awards recognise these people and businesses, celebrating those that have been part of the movement in Birmingham’s future.
And voting is NOW OPEN!
So, why vote for Aspire?
Today’s children may be the first generation to have a shorter life expectancy than their parents. Aspire is on a mission to change that.
We know active children do better and we know that the first ten years of a child’s life provides a critical window for creating a lifelong commitment to physical activity. Simply, if physical activity were a pill, doctors would be rushing to prescribe it!
Aspire do not prescribe magic pills. Instead, we inspire children to be physically active with services and resources that customers recommend, team members are proud of and organisations want to collaborate on.
Over the past 12 months we have…
- Engaged 116,000 children in physical activity through various programmes, working with schools, parents and partner organisations.
- Supported over 80 apprentices in the West Midlands with their transition into the working world.
- Helped over 2,000 Birmingham based children with their cycling, encouraging sustainable transport through our delivery of Bikeability.
- Provided over 22,000 children with days of sports and physical activity through our Active Camps. 13,260 children joined us at Active Camps in Summer 2019.
- Worked with 237 Birmingham based children and young adults through our charity the Aspire Sports Trust. Our Healthy Holidays programme was delivered to 180 children with 9 people being upskilled and trained to support and volunteer for their community. 48 young people completed the Self programme, gaining an award in Multi-Skills, completing a course in Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity and taking part in a range of personal development workshops.
How do you vote?
- Visit the Birmingham Awards voting page here
- Scroll down to category number 10 – IMPORTANT: You do not need to cast a vote for each category!
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click NEXT to submit your vote
- Add your name and email
It’s that simple! Takes about 30 seconds we reckon.
We really appreciate you taking the time to read this and we would be so honoured to have your vote.
Voting closes on Friday 11th October 2019. Cast your vote here!