What is Kickstart?
Launched by the government last September as part of their Plan for Jobs, the Kickstart scheme offers six-month fully funded work placements for 16 – 24-year-olds who are claiming Universal Credit.
That’s 100% of National Minimum Wage for 25 hours per week.
Organisations can offer any number of work placements, provided they have can ensure high-quality support and training for each.
Kickstart is a chance to enrich companies and empower the next generation.
Why has Kickstart launched?
- Unemployment for young people has increased by 14%
- The number of young people in employment has fallen by 278,000
- 120% increase in the number of people claiming unemployment related benefits
- 181,000 more young people have become economically inactive
- Job vacancies across the UK in December 2020 dropped by 25.3% month-on-month and 10.3% year-on-year
The last year has left individuals and industries devasted by uncertainty.
The Kickstart Scheme comes as part of the government’s national Covid recovery strategy, creating high-quality jobs for young people and offering valuable business boosting support.
What will Aspire do as gateway?
- Coordinate the recruitment process
- Provide role-specific and employability skills training
- Workforce mentor training for all employers
- Monthly reviews and ongoing support for employer and candidate
- Establish a role checklist to monitor performance and progress
- Share good practice and develop case study material
- Webinar to discuss apprenticeship options for candidates
- Support with candidates’ job search
Why choose Aspire as gateway organisation?
- Established training provider in the sports and physical activity sector
- Awarded approved status from the Professional Development Board for Physical Education
- UK wide partner network of like-minded sports coaching organisations
- Ready-to-go sport sector-specific package of support and training
- Candidate progression on to Aspire traineeships and apprenticeship
When does the Aspire Kickstart cohort start?
Starts this month with 73 young people beginning placements at 24 organisations across England.
Starts in March 2021 and you can join by submitting an Expression of Interest form by 5th February 2021
Kickstart Scheme Webinar
Watch our latest webinar on-demand to hear from Aspire’s Nikki Clamp and Luke Johnson as they share further details on Kickstart, the benefits of the scheme and how you can get involved.
How does Kickstart benefit your company?
- Extra support for school delivery and holiday camps.
- Boost company presence and promotion; engage, inform and motivate audiences into action, turning more prospects into customers.
- Your team develop leadership skills supporting candidates.
- Gain a team member that embodies your vision and values.
What’s the cost?
Receive up to £5,500 of free staffing costs over the six-month duration per candidate
£150 uniform allowance and Aspire funded DBS for each candidate
£150 success payment for each completed six-month placement
Your route to becoming a Kickstart employer
Chat to us
Submit Expression of Interest form by 5th February 2021