Want to raise the standards of PE and sport in your primary school?
Get your Level 5 Certificate in Primary School Physical Education Specialism (QCF); a new bespoke physical education qualification developed by afPE and Sports Leaders UK (SLUK).
Hosted by Aspire Training Solutions and delivered by a team of primary PE experts, benefit from accessible learning as Level 5 goes virtual! Being a remote course, you can access learning from wherever you choose, all you need is wifi.
What will you achieve?
If the PE curriculum is to provide pupils with opportunities to become physically confident in a way that supports their health and well-being, those who have the responsibility for its delivery need their own opportunities to grow in confidence and develop in skill.
That’s what this nationally-recognised qualification offers.
The confidence and skill to assist in effectively and sustainably raising the standards within primary school PE teaching.
What are the course units?
Who is the course for?
- Higher level teaching assistants
- Teaching assistants - Need to have extensive experience in supporting teachers across all years and key stages in delivering PE.
- Coaches - Need a minimum of five years experience of assisting teachers across Key Stage 1 and 2. Required to have a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in any sport they assist the teachers with.
How many hours is the course?
45 guided learning hours through online tutored learning, the sharing of best practice, interactive tasks and evidence based assessments.
What are the key outcomes?
- Guaranteed to increase delegates’ confidence, competence and PE subject knowledge
- Proven to raise standards across the curriculum and contribute to whole school improvement
- Effective and sustainable use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium
This is a professional degree equivalent level qualification.
Where can this lead?
On successful completion of this qualification, primary school teachers can progress on to the Level 6 Award in Primary School Physical Education Subject Leadership.
What's the cost?
£1150 (includes SLUK delegate registration fee of £175)
Remember that your Primary PE and School Sport Premium is an effective and sustainable way to pay for this qualification. If your school is concerned about the cost of releasing you to attend the course then the premium can also be used to pay for your cover.
What do professionals say?
To hear the perspectives of delegates, headteachers and tutors, in addition to the national perspective click here.
For more information please call Dan on 0330 223 2956 or contact us using the form below.
You can also watch our latest webinar here!