Not enough children involved in active play can lead to behaviour issues, low confidence and self-esteem issues.
The PlayMaker Award, developed by Sports Leaders UK and delivered by us, can boost the confidence and skills of those taking part, engage more children across the whole school in physical activity and decrease behaviour incidents on the playground. It's also a great introduction into leadership, helping learners develop skills such as organisation, communication and teamwork.
This leadership award has been designed for use in a variety of different settings, including schools and sports organisations, and can be delivered exactly how you wish - as part of a normal school programme, lesson or session, as a dedicated leadership session or club, or even as a one-day course. Typically, the course length of six hours will be delivered over one day or two mornings.
Turn lunchtime play into a great job well done by contacting us for details about the PlayMaker award.
The learning outcomes are many and varied:
- Developing leadership skills
- Learn how to organise and structure an area for a variety of games and activities
- Improving communication skills
- Advance problem-solving skills
- Be able to referee and officiate a variety of games and activities
- Be able to deliver the above skills to a group of learners