The required qualification for sports coaches who want to support PE lessons.
You must have a Level 2 award before starting on this qualification.
Developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE), this Level 3 Certificate prepares sports coaches for delivering high quality physical education and school sports in a school setting.
It is perfect for those who already work, or aspire to work, in a physical education and school sport setting as it specifically designed to provide them with a greater understanding of programmes of study for physical education, the national curriculum and the environment in which they will be operating.
For coaches who want to move up the teaching career ladder, this is an ideal stepping stone to becoming a Teaching Assistant as it can lead to the achievement of the Level 3 Award in Sporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF).
This qualification provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed by those working directly with children or young people in schools.
The qualification consists of eight mandatory units including:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Support assessment for learning
- Plan Physical Education and School Sport Programmes
- Deliver Physical Education and School Sport Programmes
- Review the Delivery of a Physical Education and School Sport Programme
If you want more information, or to find out how to enrol you or your employees on this course, then please contact us on 0330 226 2956.