The Level 6 Award in Primary School Physical Education Subject Leadership is a short course custom-designed for your teachers (with qualified teacher status) to enable them to lead the delivery of the primary school education curriculum.
What are the course objectives?
- To upskill primary school teachers to become PE subject leaders
- Delegates will be able to lead the delivery of sustainable high quality PE in their school
The qualification improves the overall leadership and management of the delivery of the physical education curriculum within primary schools. The aim is to enable subject leaders to support and upskill other team members. Having completed the course, delegates will be able to advocate, articulate and lead physical education to achieve whole school improvement. The course is a proven, effective use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Primary school teacher with QTS or GTCS
Note: Level 5 must be completed before starting Level 6 and you must have qualified teacher status (QTS) to undertake this award.
What does the course cover?
- Lead sustainable development within primary school physical education
How many hours is the course?
- This qualification requires 38 Guided Learning Hours which includes 18 tutored hours and 20 independent learning hours.
What are the key outcomes?
- Guaranteed to increase delegates’ confidence, competence and PE subject knowledge
- Proven to raise standards across the curriculum and contribute to whole school improvement
- Effective and sustainable use of the Primary PE and Sport Premium
These are professional degree equivalent level qualifications
What do professionals say?
To hear the perspectives of delegates, headteachers and tutors, in addition to the national perspective click here.