Work-based training is for anyone aged 16 to 24 with interest in working in the sports coaching and education sector.
It is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience and build your skills working with one of the best providers of physical activity services in the country.
Work-based training details
As part of your work placement, you will be required to shadow and assist in the delivery of sports instruction to primary school children based at local schools or holiday camps in the surrounding local area.
You will be required to:
- Ensure sustainability of activity and increase the quality of PE and School Sport. To encourage students/players to participate
- Understand Risk Assessments and ensure that reasonable steps have been taken to protect participants at all times
- Immediately report all accidents or injuries to the Coach in charge or teacher and complete report forms as required
- Assemble and dismantle equipment when required and to check the safety of all equipment and ensure it is used in a safe and proper manner
- Assist and support teachers in delivering high quality coaching
- Level 2 Award in the Principles of Coaching Sport
- Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Workshop
30 hours per week for 20 weeks.
The work-based learning opportunity includes work preparation training, maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement. This opportunity is unwaged
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently looking for a new opportunity?
- Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16-24 and are qualified above level 3 (A Level)